I like to think of myself as being a fairly organized person, so this week's Thing is a fun exercise. One blog that I follow through Google Reader is The Unclutterer where Erin Doland gives you ideas on how to de-clutter your house/life/work and get more time back to do the things that you want to do.
Clutter is in the eye of the beholder, so your idea of clutter might not be the same as hers. One of the fun things that she does each week is post "Unitasker Wednesday" where she finds (or is sent links) to items that only have one purpose and therefore would help add to your clutter. Recent examples include: Woozie (a cover for the base of your wine glass), Pizza saver plastic bags (shaped like slices of pizza) and a Tea-Boy Penguin Tea Timer (it will take your tea bag out of the cup once it's ready).
For the tools that we are reviewing this week, I know that my very tech-savvy husband is a fan of Tweet Deck though I think he finds it less user-friendly on the iPad. He is also a very, very big fan of Google Calendar. It works for both our personal and professional lives and allows us to share other calendars that we have created on one all encompassing calendar, color-coded by which calendar it refers to (personal, work schedule, appointments, activivities, etc.) It works well, provided that you have wireless access and remember to update it!
I like the idea behind Awesome Screenshot as you can build handouts for websites or classes so that even if you have Internet connectivity issues, you won't be reduced to shadow puppets for your class on Google or library databases!
No comments:
Post a Comment