Monday, August 8, 2011

Thing 8- Google Calendar

My kingdom for an online calendar.

Once again, a Thing that I use regularly.  I've been a paper girl and a Palm Pilot girl and go back and forth over the values of each over the past 10 years or so.  When I started using a Palm Pilot, I loved it.  I hotsynced it with my computer at work, and away I went.  I even had the portable keyboard to go with it.  Then it crashed.  I didn't think that I was ready for another electronic calendar, but my husband bought me a Handspring.  It worked well, though not as well as the Palm Pilot, but alas it also crashed.  I returned to my Filofax and life was good.

Again, my husband dragged me back to the future with Google Calendar.  I like it and it's easy to check remotely for both his schedule and mine, and like any organization tool - it all comes down to inputting the data.  I'm more likely to update my paper schedule and can do it more quickly on the go, without a computer.  However, if I want to coordinate both of our schedules, the Google Calendar is one stop shopping.  And it doesn't get wet if something spills in your bag! 

No comments:

Post a Comment